From 27 to 30 January 2020, an economic mission to the UAE under the presidency of H.R.H. the Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg will take place. The important Luxembourg business delegation travelling to the UAE will be led by H.E. Mr Etienne Schneider, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of the Economy and Minister of Health and by H.E. Mr Pierre Gramegna, Minister of Finance.
The mission is organised by the Ministry of the Economy, in close cooperation with the Luxembourg Embassy, the Luxembourg Trade and Investment Office in Abu Dhabi and the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a world-renowned international business location and a secure and reliable hub for cross-border activities in a number of fields, including finance, space, logistics, ICT, life sciences and clean technologies. The country is situated at the heart of several major EU markets. Global players of all sizes use Luxembourg as a gateway to Europe and beyond, benefiting from its excellent access to worldwide markets.
The economic mission to the United Arab Emirates will comprise:
- a Luxembourg-Dubai Business Forum that is taking place at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce. This seminar on the economic relationships between Luxembourg and the UAE offers a wide range of opportunities to meet key decision makers and make contacts with leading business people. Tailormade business-to-business meetings with major Luxembourg industry leaders can be arranged on request for representatives from interested local companies
- a visit to Arab Health 2020 (January 27th-30th), the largest medical trade fair in the region, attracting more than 4.200 exhibitors. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg will have for the second time a national pavilion at the fair
- a seminar on logistics, as well as parallel programmes for the health and logistics sectors
- a workshop “Luxembourg at EXPO 2020 DUBAI”. The economic mission to the UAE will help raise awareness of the Luxembourg Pavilion at the Expo 2020 that will mark the country’s 24th participation in this type of fair
- an investor seminar on the space sector